Protecting your Privacy
Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre will only collect, use and disclose Personal Information for its own purposes: Employee, and Stepping Stones personal information is collected:
- As required by government to process government forms
- To be able to communicate with the staff member/Stepping Stones before, during and after their term at Fair Havens
- To be able to interview the potential staff member/Stepping Stones
- To be able to inform guests/parents/guardians/supervisors about the staff member/Stepping Stones that will be interacting with the guest during their stay at Fair Havens
- To send follow up information about Fair Havens
- For promotional purposes.
Camper personal information is collected:
- To be able to communicate with the parent/guardian about the camper’s stay at Fair Havens
- To be able to process payments
- To be able to serve the campers needs before, during and after their stay, including health information
- To send follow up information about Fair Havens and,
- For promotional purposes
Friends and/or donors of Fair Havens personal information is collected:
- To be able to communicate with ministry of Fair Havens Camp & Conference Centre.
- To provide you with opportunities to be involved and support Fair Havens Camp & Conference Centre.
- For promotional purposes.
Your knowledge and consent of Fair Havens Camp & Conference Centre collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is important. We rely on the following action(s) by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal information practices:
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre for a specified purpose
You may withdraw this consent at any time. Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre will inform you of the consequence of withdrawing your consent. You may withdraw your consent by letter or email (email@example.com: subject line “Removal of consent for personal information”).
Limited Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre will only collect, use, or disclose personal information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require personal information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Fair Havens Camp & Conferenc Centre will protect your Personal information by security safeguards such as passwords and locked filing cabinets appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
If you are not satisfied with Fair Haven’s response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca.