Example Program Schedule
Fair Havens Staff welcome + bathroom break
Puppet Show (Maple Forest Themed Introduction)
15-20 minute rotations through LEARNING STATIONS:
1. Forest Community (how to ID maple trees & discuss sunlight/roots etc)
2. Tapping Trees (learn what equipment is needed and help install a bucket)
3. Sap Collection (watch it drip, taste it and collect it)
4. History Station (hands on learning with older collecting/boiling methods)
5. Sugar Shack Tour (discuss steam vs smoke, gravity & the secret recipe)
6. Maple Games (short forest games to run off any extra energy before lunch)
Group size: 45 students (3 stations) – 90 students (6 stations)
Lunch: Pancake/sausages (with REAL The Glen homemade syrup)
Wagon Ride + Taffy on snow (to complete this sweet experience)
2023 Price: $29+HST/student (all inclusive) half or full day maple experience (March & April)
Let us know if you would like to extend your trip to a “full day” with access to our 3 acre sports field + equipment prior to departure.
For questions or trip bookings please contact: email@example.com or call 705-426-7378.
If interested in purchasing The Glen Maple Syrup harvested at our Outdoor Education Centre, stop by the Fair Havens main office to pick up a bottle or two! 1-800-430-5059. Thank you for supporting our Outdoor Education Centre!
To learn how this syrup is made watch the videos below: